Monday, May 3, 2010

Coupons...You know that I love them. I have a LOT of coupons but I'm still struggling to organize them. Just a friendly word of advice: If you decide to collect coupons, be sure to get them organized right from the start. I have so many coupons thrown in a box right now that it's difficult to get up the will to get them all sorted and organized. I have a few in a binder but those are coupons that I just got. Instead of tossing them in the box when I got them I put them in my binder. I suppose if I just keep up adding the new ones directly to the binder then eventually as I use them and/or they expire it will end up organized in my binder.
Well, I also wanted to share a little bit about a company that I am really impressed with right now. Malt-O-Meal. See, along with getting coupons from the Sunday paper I also print MANY coupons from the internet on my home printer. There are a few websites (coupons.com, redplum.com, and smartsource.com) where you can go and choose the coupons you want to print and print only those. They will print 3 to a page and use up the whole sheet of paper. Many company websites also will offer printable coupons as well BUT my big gripe with those is that more often than not you get one coupon at the top of the page then a HUGE advertisement at the bottom. What a waste of paper and ink! (I think they must have a deal with the ink companies!) Well, back to Malt-O-Meal. I recently went to their website to print coupons and they have a policy to curb waste by printing more than one coupon on a page. Yay! That impressed me so much that I decided to email them and let them know how much I appreciated and admired this policy. I expected nothing in return. I just wanted to commend them for a good thing. Give them some positive feedback instead of a complaint (which I'm sure they get plenty of). Most people (including myself most of the time) are more likely to contact a company to complain rather than compliment. And a few days later in the mail I received 2 coupons for their cereal! Wow! That made me even happier with them! So I just wanted the share that and talk up Malt-O-Meal a little. Even though my reading audience is pretty small. And, by the way, I really like their cereal, too! My favorite is the Golden Puffs, comparable to Honey Smacks.
Ok, I have just one more coupon related story to relate. Probably about a month ago I brought home a newspaper that had a Toys R Us ad in it. My little MoMo poured over that ad and saw a Barbie that she really wanted. So, she cut out the picture in a neat little rectangle and brought it to me. She said, "We have to take this coupon to the store so we can buy the Barbie and it will cost less." LOL She has seen me use so many coupons and knows that they help you save money. A couponer-in-training! Although, what she cut out wasn't an actual coupon. But she's got the right idea.
Alright, well I better get back to my studies. Fun fun fun. Until next time...

No comments: