Friday, February 12, 2010

So, last night the kids were watching a movie so I decided to take a bath and relax a bit. Unfortunately, when I got out I discovered that my darling daughter had decided that her hair was "too long" and gave herself a haircut. She seems quite proud of her new 'do. I, on the other hand, do not find it so charming. We have an appointment this afternoon to see if the damage can be minimized. Here is her current haircut...

You can see that she didn't just hack off a section and call it done. Nope. She cut a number of sections. And those sections are various lengths. Oh boy. I totally thought she was past any danger of doing this. She has access to safety scissors because she loves to do art projects and has never to my knowledge used the scissors inappropriately. She cuts her paper and perhaps some ribbon but that's it. And she loves having long hair. She never before wanted a haircut when I suggested one. When I cut her hair last I insisted that it be done. She didn't want me to cut it. So, I never thought she would use those scissors to cut her own hair. And she did. Completely took me by surprise. I think I'm still in shock...

1 comment:

Jane said...

What movie were they watching? haha