Sunday, August 29, 2010

So this week is the Nevada State Fair although this year I guess they have changed the name to the Wild West Fair. I decided to take the kiddos to go to the fair. We saw the sheep and goats and alpacas and they had replicas of old west camps and things. Somehow we missed the other livestock but that's probably because the kids were preoccupied with the rides. They started out in Kiddie Land.

Fun Slide...

Carousel...

Then moved on to the kiddie coaster...The Dragon Wagon.

Sno cone break....


Ring the bell!

The BIG ferris wheel!

The Silver Streak Himalayan...look at their faces!

And they even wanted to go on the Super Shot! MoMo wanted to go on it again! They take you up to the top and drop you...


We did almost all the rides including the Tilt A Whirl, Dizzy Dragons, the Sizzler, the bumper cars and the Gravitron. Riley went on the Tornado, Zendar and the Kite Flyer but MoMo was a bit too short so she and I sat out on those. Neither of the kids was big enough for the Zipper but I'm sure before long they'll be loving that ride too! They are definitely thrill seekers. MoMo's favorite ride was the Tilt A Whirl and she screamed and laughed the entire time. Big R's favorite ride was the Zendar. I had bought unlimited ride wristbands and we definitely got our money's worth since we rode many of the rides several times. But it was a cool and windy day and when the sun started going down it got too chilly for us. I broke one of the cardinal rules and didn't bring jackets! What!? Anyway, I don't think I could have spun around and around at high speeds many more times. Getting too old I guess. LOL So, there you have it. The Wild West Fair. And my dare devil kids!

No comments: