Saturday, April 30, 2011

See, I am doing better at this blogging! So, today the kids were invited to a birthday party at the local skating rink. Neither one has really had any experience at skating so Hubby and I both got out there to help the kids out. You know, it's been a VERY long time since I've skated and I don't think I did too bad. The first couple of laps were a little dicey and I did fall on my butt (only once!) but by the end I was feeling pretty confident. The kids gave it a go but got a little discouraged that they couldn't keep their balance. Big R decided to sit out of the rest of the skating but MoMo got back out there with her dad or me holding her hand and she started getting the hang of it. A bit more practice and she'll be zooming around the rink like the other kids there! Whew, there were some little 3 and 4 year olds zipping around and doing circles around us rusty old people!
Anyway, it was a fun outing and I'll let you know if I can walk tomorrow!

No comments: