Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello again! So, I got my fabric washed, cut, and I got 15 blocks done! That means only 20 more units to go.


I think it's going pretty well. I have only had to pick out I think 2 seams and my bobbin only ran out once! Though I was in such a rhythm that I didn't notice until like 10 seams later! LOL I was just chugging along when I happened to notice the pieces weren't being sewn together. I was actually kind of shocked when I discovered how long I hadn't been sewing. I was in the zone. So, I think this quilt top will be done fairly soon. Then it's on to the quilting, which is the time consuming part, especially since I'm going to hand quilt it. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress if I can tear myself away from the sewing machine.
I also got my hair cut today. It REALLY needed it. It's just that I didn't know someone who's good here. My hair is so fine and thin that it needs all the help it can get. I'm afraid to go to just anyone. But my friend and neighbor just got hers cut it looks really good. She recommended the girl who cut her hair. It's very much like I had it at JL and CC's wedding. As a matter of fact, I took in photos of me from the wedding to show her what I wanted. I haven't had a chance to play around with it, yet, to see if I can get the styling right. I might put up pics tomorrow. Well, I'm off to get ready for bed. We're supposed to be going to the big city tomorrow to shop. DH promised DS a new pair of skate shoes. DS has been practicing on his skateboard. DH is suggesting that he might get a board so he can teach DS all the moves. I sure hope he doesn't break a hip or something. DH, I mean. He's not as young as he used to be. Let's hope for the best. Talk atcha later!

No comments: