Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's not a secret that I have a very special relationship with fabric. Some might call it an obssession. LOL Anyway, at the moment I'm quite impatiently waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my order from Fabric.com. It is supposed to arrive today. I have made a quilt for my son and my hubby already and now I'm going to make one for my daughter. Here are the quilts I made for DS and DH...And I apologize for the poor photos but you get the idea.
The top pic is my son's. It's a pattern called Snail's Trail. The blue one underneath is the one I made for DH to take on his travels. The pattern is called Trip Around the World. Fitting, I thought. I'm going to use this quilt pattern called Lemon Zest but in different fabrics for my daughter. Pinks, purples and greens...
I also couldn't resist some Hungry Little Caterpillar fabric. It is based on the classic book by Eric Carle. I have a quilt pattern picked out for it as well. I don't have an intended recipient for the caterpillar quilt but I just felt that I needed to make one! Who doesn't need a Hungry Little Caterpillar quilt!? If you can keep a secret from my DH I'll tell you that I ALSO ordered a jelly roll of bali fabrics for yet another quilt! Shhh! DH doesn't get my fabric/quilt obssession and he doesn't know (yet) that I bought all this fabric. LOL He'll be sure to complain and tell me exactly how much ammunition he could have purchased with the money I spent on fabric. He just doesn't appreciate fabric the way I do. And you know, my mom sent me an email this morning with a link to another website for quilt fabric! I saw quite a few that really caught my fancy. I must resist...at least until I finish some quilts first.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I'm pretty sure your "special relationship" with fabric is genetic. It's not your fault. You seem to be coping with it quite well, however. ; )