Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy late Father's Day to all the dads out there! This last week has been a busy one here. Big R had a birthday. I can hardly believe that he's so big already! Seems like yesterday he was just a little baby. Now he's 7! Whew! So, he had a little party but unfortunately only 2 of the kids he invited could come. That's one problem with having a summer birthday. Lots of people head out on vacation. But he had a fun time. He chose a Star Wars: Clone Wars theme and I made a banner with some of the different characters on it and a "pin the light saber on the Jedi" game. I think the highlight of the day might have been when we went to get the balloons filled with helium. We went to the store where they do it but it's a hardware store so you get the helium but not too much else. So, they filled 20 balloons and stuffed them into 2 big garbage bags for transport. I didn't realize I would need ribbon and didn't bring any. But the kids thought that the 2 big bags floating as I carried them out to the car was hilarious. And I found it pretty amusing to watch 3 big men fill up the balloons and then struggling to tie them all. LOL "HOW many of these do we have to do, again?"
And then Big R's T Ball team had a pizza party. (on his birthday, actually) The coach had ordered 8 Panormous pizzas not realizing how big they are. Each one is approximately the size of 2 large pizzas or something like that. So, there was a TON of pizza! We were all pressured into eating more, more, MORE! And all the kids on the team got a little trophy. So, that was pretty cool.
In the garden, things are going well. We've got some cucumbers starting, yellow squash, and tons of peas. In fact, I think we're going to pick some for dinner tonight. But no tomatoes, yet. We have a bunch of sunflowers almost ready to bloom and I have some more lilies that bloomed. MoMo calls them the polka dot flowers. They are pink with black speckles. If you didn't already know, I LOVE lilies!
And we are trying to get ready to go camping. I don't know what's up with me lately but can you believe I haven't made a list for that, yet!? I better get on it! DH has been busy today getting the truck ready for the trip. Changing the oil, checking the fluids, etc. That truck has definitely been worth every penny. It's got over 200,000 miles on it and it's still going strong! Of course, DH is very diligent when it comes to maintenance and upkeep. That certainly helps. Well, I guess I better go start making some lists! LOL Bye!

No comments: