Saturday, May 21, 2011


This week we had a birthday at our house! Yes, Hubby celebrated his birthday on Wednesday. His choice of cake is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting so, of course, that's what I made. I tried a new recipe that I found on Our Best Bites.com, which was actually from Cook's Illustrated. Seriously, the best chocolate cake I have ever had! Here's the recipe in case you need to try it. And trust me you do! Old-Fashioned Chocolate Layer Cake I made the chocolate frosting that goes with it but I have to say I'm not sold on it. It was ok, but not my favorite. But the cake! I could totally eat that without any frosting at all. (and actually, I did as I was trying to level the layers. All those scraps were too delicious to waste) It is more work than just mixing up a box mix but so worth it! Anyway, enough about the cake, here are a few pictures.
And, you know, we didn't really do anything else exciting like a pinata or pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. Though we did BBQ out in the rain/thunder/lightening/hail. Living dangerously! LOL We had such crazy weather. Went from rain/snow/hail to 80 degrees back to cold rain/hail/thunderstorms in a matter of days. Really wish it would warm up and STAY warm! It killed off my two little tomato plants. :(
Anyway, I also want to wish my BIL, KT, and my ONLY niece, AMT, happy birthday as well! They had birthdays in the last week or so, too. So, I guess that about covers it for now. Till next time...

No comments: