Friday, September 18, 2009

Hello everyone! I just got back from a grocery shopping trip. I'm pretty excited about the super deals I got at Safeway and I wanted to share. I found out about the Nature Valley Granola Clusters deal here. I ended up having at least 8 $1.00 off coupons after printing plus another that I received with a free sample I got at Target. AND I signed up for Cellfire and AOL Shortcuts and got more coupons added to my Safeway Club Card. If you don't know about Cellfire or Shortcuts, they are digital coupons that you can add to your club cards and when you check out and use your club card the coupon is automatically applied to your purchase. No cutting out necessary! Pretty cool. And you can't forget to take your coupons with you to the store! (I do that all the time) Anyhow, apparently some people have had problems with their Safeway accepting the coupons but I got 4 bags of the granola clusters AND once I was there, next to the granola they had fruit snacks with a similar deal. Buy 4 and get them at $1.50 each. I decided to get those as well, even though I knew I had coupons (at home) for them. Well, when I checked out, I had forgotten that I had also gotten coupons for those at Cellfire or Shortcuts (can't remember which right now) which were on my Club Card! Yay! Sooooo...I got the 4 bags of granola clusters and 4 boxes of fruit snacks for just $5.70!!! AND a Catalina coupon printed for a free box of Capri Sun!!!!!!!!!! That's what I call a deal. I wasn't sure after reading that some people weren't able to use their coupons if I would get mine so I just started with 4 granola clusters. But I'm totally going back to use the rest of my coupons now. And hopefully remember my fruit snack ones as well so I can get more of those, too. If you haven't had the granola clusters yet, I can for sure recommend the honey roasted peanut variety. Super yummy! So, there you go. Get some super yummy, super cheap granola clusters! And fruit snacks, if you like.
On another note, I wanted to show you a really cool thing I got at Walgreens. I had to take MoMo to the doctor as I was concerned she may have a UTI. The dip test came back negative but that's not the most accurate test in the world and they were going to do a culture as well to be thorough. But until the results came back they went ahead and put her on antibiotics to be safe. Of course, they LOST the sample and/or results but that's another story. Anyway, I went to Walgreens to get the prescription and it is a liquid. Normally we get a syringe to measure it out but you have to stick it in the bottle and when the level gets down some it's near impossible to reach the liquid with the syringe and it's a hassle. But the pharmacist at Walgreens gave me a system that uses a syringe plus a special cap to put on the bottle which makes it so much easier to dispense the medicine! Pics...and I apologize for their quality but you should get the idea.
I just thought that I'd pass this along in case any of you need to administer medicine to your little ones. Hopefully you won't, but just in case you might want to check out Walgreens and pick up one of their nifty medicine dispensers.
Well, that's all I've got. Talk atcha later!

No comments: