Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello! I hope everyone had a great 3 day weekend! Yesterday we decided to check out the Cantaloupe Festival. This was our first time and I have to say it was much smaller than I thought it would be. There were a few booths set up selling crafts or whatever and some food booths, mostly BBQ as there was a BBQ contest going on. A small carnival with maybe 7 different rides and a rodeo. Of course, the kids wanted to go on the rides. And I was shocked that each ticket cost $1 and each ride was 3 or 4 tickets! Pretty steep for the haggard looking carnival setup, if you ask me. Well, I told the kids they could choose 1 ride each. Big R wanted to go on the big swing one and naturally MoMo wanted to go on the ferris wheel instead. Big R did go on the swing and I walked with MoMo over to the ferris wheel. The problem with that was that MoMo is too small to go on the ferris wheel by herself and I didn't want to have to buy more tickets for me to go on it with her. I really didn't want to go on any rides at all. So, I was standing there explaining to her that I didn't want to go buy more tickets when the guy running the ferris wheel called us over and said we could go ahead and ride for free. Ok, so we get on and it starts up and we go up, up, up. MoMo is smiling and laughing and having the greatest time. Normally rides don't bother me. Heck, we went to Disneyland and I went on the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. Usually I like roller coasters and such. I was ok until we started the descent and that's when it got jerky and I started thinking about how rickety it all looked and that some strange smelly guy was operating the ride. I wanted OFF! But I stuck it out for MoMo since she was enjoying it so much. By the time I got off, though, I thought I was literally going to be sick. Ugh. I don't think I will ever do that again.

Here are a couple of videos. One of Big R on the swing ride and another of the Greased Pig Catchin' contest. You catch it, you keep it. The pig. Seriously.
Me and MoMo watching the goat roping. Here is the seating for the shows. Yup, hay bales! We saw the beginning of the hypnotist's show aand the kids had some lemonade. We also watched some of the rodeo events going on. Here's Hubby and Big R hamming it up for the camera. We watched some goat roping and barrel racing. Big R and hubby especially liked the goat roping. They liked the sounds the goats made. I was feeling kind of sorry for the poor goats. Here's a video of one girl roping a goat.


And, of course, since it was the Cantaloupe Festival we had to get some of the cantaloupe ice cream!

So, that's the Cantaloupe Festival. Pretty exciting, isn't it? Well, I guess I better get off the computer and get to the housework. Bye!

No comments: