Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy No Housework Day! I fully intend to celebrate this one! LOL I really, REALLY despise housework and look on it as a necessary evil. In general I try to do as little of it as possible. I do what needs to be done but I'm not inclined to do anything extra and I sure don't do it with a smile. Actually, I have a bit of a system I use quite a lot. If I clean the bathroom, then I can scrap for 15 minutes. Do a load of laundry, read for 15 minutes. Gets me a little more excited about the housework. LOL
Anyway, I did plant my garden today. In the wind. Yuck! It's nice and sunny and pretty warm but the wind is blowing. DD helped me plant for a bit but then she got tired of the wind and called it a day. We are trying the square foot garden philosophy this year and I really hope it is more productive than last year's garden. We planted strawberries, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, peas, beets, green beans, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Tomorrow I'll plant the corn but I couldn't take the wind anymore, either, after planting all that. I'm hoping we get plenty of produce out of our garden this year because my friend and I want to can stuff. She has a recipe for pickled beets that she swears is the best ever. Maybe some cucumber pickles, too. Strawberry jam if we get enough berries. Yum! Yum! Yum!
So, I took some pics of a few of the cool treasures (rocks, but we think they are treasures LOL)
we found over the weekend. I'll share a few with you, though probably you won't be quite as excited about them as we are!
That last one we think might be a fossilized shell. Looks like it could be. Yesterday evening the kids and I went out to play. We had a few butterflies flitting about in the yard. The kids were really funny trying to catch one. I think they were attracted by our tree which you can see is blossoming.
Then in the second picture if you look at it enlarged and look at the top right of the window, you can see the butterfly DS was stalking. Unfortunately, (or fortunately for the butterflies) no butterflies were caught.
Well, that's today's goings on. Bye!

No comments: