Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Opening Day of Baseball! Here, in my town, anyway. DS played his first T-ball game. His team is the Pirates and they played the Yankees today. He did really well and had a lot of fun. Got to try out his new cleats and he also was the first injured player. Well, just a little scrape, really. I was filming his at-bat and he rounded first and was headed for second. The first base coach blocked my view momentarily and then suddenly DS was down. Apparently he collided with the first base player for the Yankees and got knocked down. He scraped his arm a bit but he got up and finished running the bases. Yay! DD and DH didn't make it to the game, though. DD was up LATE AGAIN and we could NOT rouse her to go to the game at 9:30am. Well, there's another game Tuesday evening so there's another opportunity for them to go. And unfortunately, I had taken the memory card out of DH's camera to put the pics on my computer. I bet you can guess what happens next...Yup, I FORGOT to replace the memory card!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb. Anyway, I did get a few pics since his camera has some internal memory but only maybe 5 or 6. Ooops! And let me just top that by telling you that up until yesterday I TOTALLY thought Easter was still a week away! I don't know why I thought that but I did. Luckily I (I mean the Easter Bunny) did the basket shopping early this year. Whew! And I have a collection of Easter Egg coloring kits that I've purchased on clearance after previous Easters so I wasn't planning to buy a new one, anyway. But I did have to get eggs to color. Sheesh! Snuck right up on me!
So, I'm trying to figure out how to get the pics from the internal memory in the camera onto my computer. DH is fetching the USB cord so I hope that works... Ok, here we go. Still photos from the game. We're still trying to figure out how to put the video on the computer so at some point in the future I hope to be able to post that here, as well. But for now, this is all I have. And I'm going to have to go get the egg coloring underway. So, I'll talk atcha later, gators! Go Pirates!!!

No comments: